NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
CITY OF BLAINE, PLANNING COMMISSION
Place & Time: September 23, 2021 at 6:00 p.m. via videoconference or telephone. Anyone wishing to testify live during the public hearing or to listen to the meeting can find details on the Planning Commission’s website at https://www.ci.blaine.wa.us/Calendar.aspx?EID=2383
Purpose: To take testimony on a zoning code amendment to amend the amend the Title 17 of the Blaine Municipal Code as follows:
• Designate the Hearing Examiner to hear Appeals, Variances, Conditional Use Permits, and other Quasi-Judicial matters;
• Amend Central Business District standards to eliminate a Conditional Use Permit process for use of public plazas; and
• Revise BMC 17.06 (Project Review and Approval Procedures) and 17.07 (Site Plan Review) to clarify permit processes.
Available Information: The full public record is available through the Community Development Services Department. The staff report and related information will be available on the city website: https://www.ci.blaine.wa.us/1064/Title-17---Permit-Process-Amendments
Written testimony: Written comments must be received by CDS by 4:30 PM, September 21, 2021. Advanced testimony by mail, email and fax is accepted and strongly encouraged by sending comments to:
• Community Development Services Department, Attn: Stacy Clauson, 435 Martin Street, Suite 300, Blaine WA 98230;
• Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the proposal name (Title 17 Permit Process Amendments) in the subject line; or Fax (360) 332-8330.
You may also comment at the public hearing. Testimony is limited to five minutes.
Contact: Stacy Clauson, Community Planner II, 435 Martin Street, Suite 3000, Blaine, WA 98230 (360)332-8311 ext. 3332.
Please notify the City Clerk in writing 7 days prior to the hearing date with any special requirements.