CITY OF BLAINE
CITY COUNCIL AGENDA
Monday, December 11, 2023
Mary Lou Steward – Mayor
Richard May – Mayor Pro Tem
A. CALL TO ORDER
Moment of Silence and Pledge of Allegiance – Led by Mayor Steward
COUNCILMEMBERS: Garth Baldwin, Eric Davidson, Kerena Higgins, Mike Hill, Rhyan Lopez, Richard May, and Mary Lou Steward.
B. PROCLAMATION: Shirley Tobian – Recognition for two decades of donating turkey baskets.
C. CITY COUNCILMEMBER RECOGNITION – Garth Baldwin
D. AUDIENCE PARTICIPATION - Sign-up/Comment Sheet is located in the Council Chambers before the meeting. Members of the audience will have three minutes to speak.
E. WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS
1. Email dated November 29, 2023, from Matt Keller, regarding a possibly abandoned semi.
2. Email dated December 1, 2023, from Jay Taber, regarding kickstarting prosperity.
3. Email dated December 2, 2023, from Jennifer Plombon, regarding Drayton Harbor Road.
4. Email dated December 2, 2023, from Michael Givot, regarding Drayton Harbor Road issues.
5. Email dated December 4, 2023, from Joe Zaccaria, regarding power outage.
6. Email dated December 6, 2023, from Harpiar Gandhi, regarding Drayton Harbor Road.
7. Email dated December 7, 2023, from Jennifer Plombon, regarding Drayton Harbor Road calming.
8. Email dated December 7, 2023, from Suzanne Smith, regarding the Biofuel proposal near Blaine city.
F. CONSENT AGENDA
Items listed below will be enacted by one motion. If separate discussion is desired on an item, that item may be removed from the Consent Agenda and placed on the Regular Agenda at the request of a Councilmember.
1. Approval of Bills: $612,605.36
2. Wire Register: $429,758.04
3. Approval of Payroll: $781,559.65
4. Approval of November 27, 2023 City Council Minutes.
5. Local Agency Federal Aid Project Prospectus Form.
G. COUNCIL ACTION ITEMS
1. Ordinance 23-2995, 2023 Budget Amendment. (Heverling)
2. Resolution 1937-23, amending the unified fee schedule for utility rates. (Heverling)
3. Ordinance 23-3011, approving the final plat of the plat of East Maple Ridge, Division III. (Wenger)
4. Purchase Some of the Major Materials for Circuit 17 Upgrade Project. (Gandhi)
5. Ordinance 23-3012, approving a text amendment to BMC 17.26, the residential office district, to allow restaurants as a permitted use. (Wenger)
6. Enterprise Resource Planning System – Tyler Technologies. (Heverling)
H. COMMISSION, COMMITTEE AND BOARD REPORTS
I. DEPARTMENT REPORTS
1. Police Department – Chief Tank
2. Community Development Services Department – Alex Wenger
3. City Manager – Michael Harmon
6:00pm – City Council Meeting
9:00am – Park and Cemetery Board Meeting
6:00pm – Planning Commission Meeting
City Offices Closed
3:30 – Civil Service Commission Meeting
9:30am – City Council Meeting
Contact information for staff and Councilmembers can be found on the City’s website.
K. UNFINISHED BUSINESS
L. COUNCIL NEW BUSINESS
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Requirement: The meeting location is accessible. If you require a special accommodation during your attendance at any public meeting, please contact the City Clerk’s Office (360) 332-8311 at least 72 hours prior to the meeting date you will be attending. Thank you.