Lineman Salary: $54.50 per hour plus benefits, $10,000 signing bonus
Applications are now being accepted for regular full-time work for a Journeyman Lineman. The Lineman performs journey-level installation, maintenance, modification, troubleshooting and repair of the City electrical power distribution and lighting system. The Lineman position requires considerable knowledge of the electric utility’s equipment, facilities, layout and operations, and proficiency in the operation of any of the equipment used by the Department. The Lineman may occasionally direct assigned employees of equal of lower classification and apprentice(s) and work independently in the absence of a supervisor. Performs duties in accordance with sound safety practices to ensure personal safety and safety of others.
Education and/or Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Qualified Journeyman Lineman.
- Due to call out requirement, must live a short distance (within 30 miles) from Blaine.
- Knowledge of the field of assignment and physical ability sufficient to perform thoroughly and accurately the full scope of responsibility as illustrated by example in the above job description.
- Full-scope knowledge of assigned construction and maintenance equipment; operating and repair procedures and methods and facilities and function of areas of assignment.
- Ability to perform complex work requiring analytical ability and judgment regularly and proficiently.
- Ability to work in accordance with specific procedures, established practices under intermittent supervision.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics and blueprints.
- Working knowledge of safety hazards and proper safety procedures and cognizance of public safety matters.
- Communicate effectively, orally and in writing; in clear, concise language appropriate for the purpose and parties addressed. Use tact, discretion and courtesy to gain the cooperation of and establish and maintain effective working relationships with public officials, consultants, vendors, co-workers, other departments, and diverse members of the public.
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively as a team member.
- Possess a valid State of Washington Driver’s License and appropriate insurance at the time of hire for work-related travel and operation of city vehicle. Driving record free of any significant moving violations.
- Valid Washington State Commercial Driver’s License Class A with Tankers (or the ability to obtain one within six months of hire)
- State of Washington Flagger’s Certificate
- First Aid and/or CPR certification
- Valid State of Washington Journeyman Electrical Lineman Certificate
- Desirable – Valid State of Washington Journeyman Electrician License
Salary is $54.50 per hour for Lineman. The City offers an excellent benefit package including:
- Participation in WA State Retirement
- Health benefits at 90-percent
- Vision care benefits at 100-percent
- Dental benefits at 100-percent
- 12 paid holidays (11 plus 1 floating)
- 15 paid vacation days starting (up to 26 days)
- 12 annual sick leave days
- 1.5% deferred compensation
Open until filled.
The City of Blaine is an Equal Opportunity Employer.