Report a Collison

Reporting a Collision

To report a collision, call 911.

Washington State Law requires that each driver involved in a motor vehicle collision make a report of the crash on a state reporting form if one of the following:

  • The collision involves damage to any one vehicle exceeding $750
  • The collision results in injury to any person
Police Officer Making a Collision Report at the Scene

Safety Tips

If you are involved in a car crash, move your vehicle safely from the roadway if possible and call police for assistance. Be sure to tell the dispatcher if you suspect there might be injuries to anyone present. Failure to remain at the scene of a collision or refusing to provide identifying information to other drivers can be a crime with severe penalties.

If you have had a collision which was not reported to police, you can complete the Washington State Patrol's Collision Form.