- Your Government
- Boards & Commissions
- Blaine Tourism Advisory Committee
Blaine Tourism Advisory Committee
Tourism Grant Announcement
The City of Blaine is now accepting grant applications for 2023 tourism related proposals. Grant applications can be downloaded below or by emailing Alex Wenger, Economic Development & Tourism Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications must be emailed to Alex Wenger by 9 a.m. Friday, September 23th. For questions please email or call (360)543-9979.
Please download a copy of the application here: 2023 Tourism Grant Application
The City of Blaine established the Blaine Tourism Advisory Committee to more effectively develop its tourism and recreation economy. BTAC is a nine member committee (7 voting and 2 non-voting members) which serves as an advisory committee to the Blaine City Council and has the following duties:
- To implement and update the Blaine Tourism Marketing & Development Plan (PDF) and to recommend changes to the City Council;
- To recommend to the City Council programs and projects that will further the development of the City's tourism and recreation economy;
- To interface with the public and the business community in seeking input on matters relevant to tourism development;
- To evaluate current programs and provide the City Council and City Manager with suggestions and recommendations;
- To review the annual budget for the use of hotel/motel tax funds and to provide guidance to the City Manager and the City Finance Director in developing the annual budget to be approved by the City Council;
- Through an annual Grant Program derived from the funds of hotel/motel tax, BTAC makes recommendations to City Council for the funding of programs and events that are consistent with the requirements of RCW 67.28 as well as the goals of the Tourism Marketing and Development Plan.
- Quarterly schedule with most meetings taking place on the second Tuesday of the month at 8:30 am.
- Please see the City's calendar for the most up to date information on accessing meetings.
- Eric Davidson (Chair)
- Raymond Maxon, December 31, 2023
- Sonia Hurt, December 31, 2025
- Samantha Paige Davis, December 31, 2024
- Danielle Gaughen, Non-voting member
- Vacant, Non-voting member
- Timothy Woodard, Chamber of Commerce
- Vacant, Chamber of Commerce
- Mangal Samra, Small Hotel
For More Information
Please direct all Blaine Tourism and Advisory Committee questions to Alex Wenger at 360-332-8311, ext. 3330.