How to Run for City Council

All filing is done through the County and can be done online, in-person, by email or fax, or through regular mail.  You must be a registered voter and possess the qualifications as specified by law:

How to File:

  1. A Declaration of Canidacy must be submitted to the County between May 17th and May 21st through one of the following options:
  2. Pay filing fees at the time of filing.  A list of offices and fees can be found at:
  3. Once Filing has been approved you will receive a confirmation email with instructions on submitting your voters' pamphlet content.

Please note that once it is filed, a Declaration of Canidacy may not be altered except to update your contact information.  If you wish to withdraw your canidacy a withdrawal form must be submitted to the Auditor's Office by 4:30pm on Monday, May 24th.  Filing fees are non-refundable.

For detailed information and resources please visit: