Blaine Tourism Advisory Committee
The City of Blaine established the Blaine Tourism Advisory Committee to more effectively develop its tourism and recreation economy. BTAC is a nine member committee (7 voting and 2 non-voting members) which serves as an advisory committee to the Blaine City Council and has the following duties:
- To implement and update the Blaine Tourism Marketing & Development Plan (PDF) and to recommend changes to the City Council;
- To recommend to the City Council programs and projects that will further the development of the City's tourism and recreation economy;
- To interface with the public and the business community in seeking input on matters relevant to tourism development;
- To evaluate current programs and provide the City Council and City Manager with suggestions and recommendations;
- To review the annual budget for the use of hotel/motel tax funds and to provide guidance to the City Manager and the City Finance Director in developing the annual budget to be approved by the City Council;
- Through an annual Grant Program derived from the funds of hotel/motel tax, BTAC makes recommendations to City Council for the funding of programs and events that are consistent with the requirements of RCW 67.28 as well as the goals of the Tourism Marketing and Development Plan.
- Quarterly schedule with most meetings taking place on the second Tuesday of the month at 8 am.
- Due to Governor Inslee’s proclamation in response to COVID-19, all Blaine Tourism Advisory Committee meetings are being conducted entirely through teleconference. Please see the City's calendar for information on accessing meetings.
- Eric Davidson (Chair)
- Debby Farmer, December 31, 2022
- Louise Mugar, December 31, 2022
- Bob Boule, December 31, 2022
- Micah Mullin, December 31, 2024
- Sukhwant Gill, December 31, 2023
- Sandy Baker, December 31, 2025
- Liz Thornton, Non-voting member
- Annette Bagely, Non-voting member
For More Information
Please direct all Blaine Tourism and Advisory Committee questions to Alex Wenger at 360-332-8311, ext. 3330.