First Review Deadline - Friday, April 8, 2022 at 4:30 PM
$6,232 - $7,886 per month plus 5% Deferred Compensation
Responsible for execution of multiple Capital projects and programs within the Public Works Department. Ensures financial transactions, records, statements, and reports comply with Federal, State, and Local contracting requirements and the Washington State Budgeting, Accounting and Reporting system (BARS). Prepares bid documents including soliciting, opening, and filing all pertinent project contract documents. This will include, processing change orders, interfacing with accounting department, maintaining contracting records and managing capital projects from conception to completion. Represents city on select regional boards and committees to ensure the city exercises all funding opportunities. Drafts grant and funding proposals incorporating technical aspects into the applications. Develops and proposes Capital Improvement Projects and Transportation Improvement Projects. Researches and applies laws and legal requirements regarding contractual and grant funding and presents recommendations to upper management based on the project guidelines. Provides statistical and financial data to Department Directors and staff as requested. Maintains engineering data for post-project State and Federal audits and is responsible for grant status and compliance reporting to city financial personnel. Oversees, updates, tracks and make recommendations for all wholesale utility agreements. Monitors work of others in these programs.
- Baccalaureate degree in engineering, project management, public administration or related field.
- Four years of experience in project management or contract management
- Familiarity with engineering and construction terminology and concepts.
- Experience in a municipal or public sector environment preferred.
- Experience utilizing BARS accounting system preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to provide the applicant with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the essential functions of the job will be considered.
For a full list of required and preferred qualifications, knowledge, and training please see the job description linked above.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
$6,232 - $7,886 per month plus 5% Deferred Compensation. The position is a member of the IAM bargaining group. The City offers an excellent benefit package including:
- Participation in WA State Retirement
- Health benefits at 90-percent
- Vision care benefits at 100-percent
- Dental benefits at 100-percent
- 12 paid holidays (10 plus 2 floating)
- 15 paid vacation days starting (up to 26 days)
- 12 annual sick leave days
- 5% Deferred Compensation
Qualified individuals are encouraged to apply for the position.
Click here to fill out the application.
Open until filled.
The City of Blaine is an Equal Opportunity Employer.